PARENT AND SPECTATOR’S CODE OF CONDUCT
Parents and spectators should remember that recreation programs are for the children to learn fundamentals, techniques, sportsmanship, teamwork and to have fun. Please make sure you are following the department’s Code of Conduct:
- I will remember that recreation programs are played for fun!
- As a spectator and parent, I will remember to be a role model for my team by demonstrating how to treat other players, parents, officials and coaches with respect at all times.
- I will demonstrate good sportsmanship, regardless, of the score by acting in a positive manner towards all players, officials, parents and coaches.
- I will show respect to all referees, officials, umpires and coaches and never act in a manner that would be disrespectful towards them.
- I will be an encouragement to all players on all teams, regardless of the score.
- I will place my child’s emotional and physical well-being ahead of my own personal desire to win.
- I will not use drugs, tobacco or alcohol at any CPRD practices or games and will remind other parents not to do so.
- I will remember that the game is played for the youth and not for the adults.
- I will encourage my child to shake hands with the other team at the conclusion of all games.
- I understand that I will be suspended from the department for violation of the Parent and Spectator’s Code of Conduct.
Participants may cancel within 48 hours, before the start of class, to receive a refund less a $10 withdrawal fee. If requests for withdrawal or cancellations are made after the start of a class, the fee will be forfeited with a maximum of $15 for illness/injury. Refunds are made at the discretion of the Division Superintendent. Stop payment of a check or failure to show up for a class, does not constitute withdrawal from the rental or program. If enrollment is insufficient, the activity will be canceled and all money refunded.
All classes have minimum/maximum participation levels. If enrollment is insufficient, the activity will be cancelled and all money refunded.
RENTAL REFUND POLICY
All cancellations will be charged a $25 service fee. Written notice of cancellation must be received at least 14 days prior to the event to receive the full remainder of the rental fee. A notification received less than 14 days before the event shall result in the forfeiture of (1/2) one-half of the total rental fees. A full refund will be issued in the event of a facility failure.
CLOSURE FOR SEVERE WEATHER
The safety of program participants is primary concern when determining if programs should be canceled due to icy, or, inclement weather conditions. When Carrollton City Schools close, or release students early due to a severe weather event or threat of severe weather, CPRD programs, activities, and buildings will be canceled until 4:00 pm. Cancellation of evening programs (after 4 p.m.) will be determined by 3 p.m. on each particular day.
On Saturdays and Sundays, information will be available on daytime classes beginning at 8 a.m. and on evening classes beginning at 3 p.m. The Department will issue cancellation announcements on the CPRD Facebook page and rec1 notification system. Whenever possible, program participants will be notified of program cancellations by the CPRD program coordinator or the individual coach. Participants may also contact the Recreation Center where the program will be Held to check on the status of the program.
The Carrollton Parks and Recreation Department does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, or disability in any of its programs, activities, or employment.
CPRD is not responsible for any injury incurred while participating in any of its activities or facility use. Enrollment age for each class is noted in the description of a class. Participants are not permitted to bring children to an adult class.